AARF holds adoption clinics almost every weekend, generally on Saturdays, for adopters to be able to meet and adopt companions. For a listing of times and locations check on our Events Page.
- Please understand we are not a first come first adopt agency.
- All adopters must complete an application, interview, sign an adoption agreement, and home visit to adopt.
- Application does not guarantee adoption.
- AARF does require both spouse be 21yrs or older to adopt.
- AARF does not place puppies under 6mon. into homes with children 4yrs and under. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
- AARF does not hold dogs as our goal is to place dogs into loving homes in a timely manner.
- All members of the household must meet the dog either prior to the adoption or during the home visit. **Exceptions for out of area adoptions may be available on a case by case basis**
- AARF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DECLINE SERVICE / ADOPTION TO ANYONE (EXCLUDING PROTECTED CLASSES)
- COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADOPTION!
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions by clicking HERE.
A NOTE REGARDING PRE APPROVALS:
- **Because every dog is unique we can only pre-approve applications for a specific dog.
- **ONLY pre-approved applicants can handle puppies.
- **To adopt ALL applications MUST be received by 12pm the Friday prior to the clinic to ensure processing time.
- **Applications after this date and time are welcome to come speak with staff but there are no guarantees their application will be reviewed or approved to adopt.
- Large breed adults: $250
- Small breed adults: $300
- Puppies: $350
This is a general fee scale. AARF reserves the right to change the fee up or down at any point for any reason.
· All dogs adopted from AARF
- Spayed/Neutered (No exceptions)
- Current on age appropriate vaccinations
· ONLINE adoption application is available HERE
Ask about our seniors for seniors program!!!