AARF holds adoption clinics almost every weekend, generally on Saturdays, for adopters to be able to meet and adopt companions. For a listing of times and locations check on our Events Page.
- Please understand we are not a first come first adopt agency.
- All adopters must complete an application, interview, sign an adoption agreement, and home visit to adopt.
- Application does not guarantee adoption.
- AARF does require both spouse be 21yrs or older to adopt.
- AARF does not place puppies under 6mon. into homes with children 4yrs and under. Exceptions can be made on a case by case basis.
- AARF does not hold dogs as our goal is to place dogs into loving homes in a timely manner.
- All members of the household must meet the dog either prior to the adoption or during the home visit. **Exceptions for out of area adoptions may be available on a case by case basis**
- AARF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DECLINE SERVICE / ADOPTION TO ANYONE (EXCLUDING PROTECTED CLASSES)
- COMPLETING AN APPLICATION DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADOPTION!
A NOTE REGARDING PRE APPROVALS:
- **Because every dog is unique we can only pre-approve applications for a specific dog.
- **ONLY pre-approved applications can handle puppies.
- **ALL pre-approvals must be received by 12 PM the Friday prior to clinic.
- **Applications after this date and time are welcome and can be reviewed on first come first served basis on the day of the adoption clinic but may still require 24hrs to be reviewed.
- Large breed adults: $200
- Small breed adults: $300
- Puppies: $350
This is a general fee scale. AARF reserves the right to change the fee up or down at any point for any reason.
· All dogs adopted from AARF
- Spayed/Neutered (No exceptions)
- Current on age appropriate vaccinations
· ONLINE adoption application is available HERE
Ask about our seniors for seniors program!!!